Harmony Clean Flat Responsive WordPress Blog Theme

Project 52: week 16-furry friends

4/22/2011 07:40:00 PM Lisa Bell Milde 0 Comments Category : ,

We don't have any pets, we aren't close to anyone else's pets around, so this one had me stumped.  I started to use a picture of Ada because her hair is coming in more everyday, but no.  Then earlier this week we had a snake (a baby one) in our yard, which got introduced to a shovel by Jeff, so I started to use a picture of him as the opposite of a furry friend.  Then I started thinking about Ada's toys....three in particular that have come in handy in our bathroom.  Often Ada will go with me while I'm getting ready, and I snatched the little stuffed animals off the pack and play mobile (which never even adorned the thing) to entertain her.  They are a giraffe, an elephant, and a monkey.  Also, something you much note about me, since having our girl at least 50% of what comes out of my mouth is in the form of a song.  It doesn't have to be a good song, and is often made up on the fly....yeah....so usually they are pretty bad.  So I made up a song about our furry friends from the mobile.  See...they have fabric tabs that velcroed on the mobile, which are in the pattern of fruit stripes gum (remember that?)...so this trio (in my mind) are the best of friends who are all in a band called the Fruit Stripes Band.  I don't know what tune it is...I know it's not original...but I can't think of where it came from.  Anyway here are the lyrics to this song, which is actually sort of catchy when sung to the tune (catchy for a made up, on the spot, nonsensical song for a baby):
"Giraffe, Elephant, and Monkey...they play the music that's funky...Giraffe, Elephant, and Monkey...in the Fruit Stripes Band.  Giraffe he plays the banjo, Elephant plays the keyboards, and Monkey's banging the drums in the Fruit Stripes Band...ba-dum-dum."
I know it's sad, but that little ditty gets stuck in my head sometime....ahh...the joy.
Here's our furry friends after what seems like a crazy party....(you know how band members can be). And yes, our bathroom has carpet....yes, it's nuts...it wasn't our choice, and we hope to replace it one day.

RELATED POSTS

0 comments