Harmony Clean Flat Responsive WordPress Blog Theme

Burt-Stark

4/25/2011 09:46:00 PM Lisa Bell Milde 0 Comments Category : ,

This is a house that I passed by quite a bit when I lived in Abbeville County-The Burt-Stark Mansion.  I toured it when I was in eighth grade, and remember some of the history.  In case you didn't know, it's said that Abbeville was the birth and death place of the civil war.  It was in this house where the Confederate president, Jefferson Davis, admitted defeat.  It's quite a beautiful house, and it's been a while since I've really payed any attention to it.  I had a photo session on the grounds Saturday, and took a little extra time to take a few photos of my surroundings.  Jeff and I didn't have time to tour, but I have to admit visiting this house with a camera in my hand really made me want to visit Savannah again, but I guess we could always make a day trip to Abbeville.





Jeff did over hear part of the tour, and learned this is called a speaking porch.



Love these doors.


 I peaked in the dining room window for this one.

RELATED POSTS

0 comments