Harmony Clean Flat Responsive WordPress Blog Theme

Christmas Explosion

12/24/2007 11:08:00 PM Lisa Bell Milde 0 Comments Category :

Three explosions.
I'm still having trouble believing tomorrow is Christmas. I remember when I was a little younger Christmas seemed to take forever to arrive; now it seems like I never have time to prepare. Being a photographer, this is the busiest time of the year, and since right after Thanksgiving I've barely had time to stop...which is great. So yes, it has seemed like Christmas exploded this year.
Earlier this evening my dad and I took a walk through Calhoun Falls, as we often do. As we hit the top of the hill between the West Point Mill and Northside we began to see fireworks. The folks over at Nick's fireworks were showing off a bit of the merchandise. Quite a show. Then as we rounded the corner turning back on Burton Drive, we saw some neighbors out also painting the sky with streams of light.
The final explosion occurred in my parents' laundry room. By the time we got back from the walk it was very dark, and we saw the outside light on at the house...along with water streaming down the driveway. Apparently a line running from the hot water heater came undone....actually the coupling cracked. Water was spewing everywhere causing my mom to go into an utter panic (which I still don't get---it's only water after all). Thankfully, my dad is one smart cookie who happened to have the part on hand for us to fix it up really quick.

I missed the best fireworks...I was only able to snap a couple of shots while playing assistant to my dad, who is a pretty decent handyman.


Even though it's arrived sooner than it seems it should have--I'm excited that tomorrow is Christmas! So MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

RELATED POSTS

0 comments