Harmony Clean Flat Responsive WordPress Blog Theme

Tons and tons.

4/20/2013 02:32:00 PM Lisa Bell Milde 0 Comments Category : , , ,

The backyard has been calling our name all winter.  With Jeff still not able to do much at all we didn't know how our projects would turn out.  The fire pit, which would have typically taken a few days at most, turned into a few weeks.  Jeff and I took turns at leveling the ground where the stones would lay.  I hauled loads and loads of dirt out of the way.  Then, because Jeff is really, really particular about level stone (and I'm glad he is so I don't have to be), he laid in the first row.  That was the hard part.  The rest  of the wall was finished in less than two hours.  The stones inside (1.5 tons) was loaded in by me.   Last week it was time to supplement the garden boxes with black cow and mushroom compost.  Off to Lowe's we went.  Jeff had a bad day...BP 60/33, and Lowe's was extremely busy.  So, yep, I loaded about 1200 lbs. of stuff.  Thankfully my father in law unloaded for me.  The boxes got filled that day, and the next day was planting time.  Last Saturday we built Ada her very own garden box.  Wednesday I loaded it with about a ton of dirt.  She elected to plant Cherokee purple tomatoes, Pink Brandwine tomatoes, purple bush beans, and watermelon.  What a girly box, but she did very good planting it.  My little country girl in the city.  Hopefully that will end me carrying in tons of things for a while.  Thankfully, I don't mind a little hard work now and then.


This was taken last week.  Everything is popping up now.

Already looking for strawberries!






She loves to be outside!



We also got our bees.  We are enjoying being beekeepers thus far.  I did get stung on the top of my head (right in the part), while they were being loaded in.  No, I wasn't wearing any protective wear.  One just flew my way and got stuck in my hair.  So, lesson learned, wear my hair up in the yard.  Actually, now that they've calmed down....their first day here was understandably traumatic, they haven't bothered us at all.





Another thing we do from time to time is art at Creating Artist for Tomorrow.  Ada has a ball!  It's chaos with toddlers and paint.  My OCD comes out a little. So far hyperventilating hasn't happened.  Just know, it's messy, wear clothes that you could care less about, you might get painted.  

  
Worms....She LOVES worms!

She also calls Spaghetti worms.  She has never eaten an actually worm...at least to my knowledge.

She loves to goof around with her daddy.  She says, "My daddy, my friend!"

And that's what we've been up to.  Still recovering, it's going slow.  I do still miss getting to do photography for others, but until I am once again able to devote the time that clients deserve, I will photograph our life.  :)

RELATED POSTS

0 comments