Harmony Clean Flat Responsive WordPress Blog Theme

Some random updates....

3/06/2015 11:08:00 AM Lisa Bell Milde 0 Comments Category : ,

2015 began as any other...Seriously, so far everything was pretty normal.  Jeff's autonomic issues were still around, but he was doing better.  The low blood pressure still reared its ugly head every now and then, but overall he was doing better than last year.  The day before Valentines Day (yes, it was Friday the 13th, but we're not superstitious) he was outside doing a project, and fell of a ladder onto the concrete patio, and broke a hip.  After a rod, and a hospital stay, he began physical therapy.  So as of three weeks he has done tremendously well.  He started using a cane yesterday.  So when this first happened....honestly, I was pretty ticked.  Another thing.  Another reason for me to have a load of work dumped on me.  Another thing for Jeff to overcome.  I mean...like we needed another challenge to his health.  I'm so grateful that his recovery is going so smoothly.  It's like I can breathe again.  If you know his struggles, you know that the past couple of years have been rough for us all--for a good chunk of it most of the daily tasks lay on my shoulders, and he had gotten to the point where, for the most part, he could do what he needed to do.  He could do a project every now and then.  Driving wasn't an issue.  Going on a quick errand was usually okay.  He could give Ada a bath.  He could get her a drink.  He could fix his own breakfast.  All these, and scads of other things that you may not think is a big deal.  As a married couple you usually don't even think about all the things you do separately to make everything in a household function.  You figure it out when someone is sick or gone.....and especially if it's longer than a few days.  (I have to insert here that this has given me a huge respect for single parents...because they do it all, and not only that they don't have that emotional support from the other spouse.  God bless them!)


So he's getting on fairly good.  He moves a little slower, but he's getting there....there's a light!  We'll going back to Mayo in a few weeks to do follow up testing for the Autoimmune stuff.  Normalcy is returning.

Something that's terribly ironic about the hip fracture is I am starting to school this summer to become a physical therapy assistant.  I have been thinking about it for a while.  I'm not going into all the details of my thoughts....just I would like a job when Ada starts to "real" school.  More money would come in pretty handy.  Health care jobs are fairly plentiful.  PTA's positions are available.  I don't really want the fight of rebuilding a photography business at this time.  I don't want to start at the ground floor with the business degree I got nearly 15 year ago either.  I'm excited and nervous about everything involved.  :)

I'm excited to be doing a little photography next week.  My friend, Paige has an awesome business called Breezy Quarters.  Her products are the best.  Everything I've tried, I've loved!  I'll be going to her studio to do some working photos, headshots, and a little product photography.  

Here's my shot of Jeff walking with the cane yesterday:



RELATED POSTS

0 comments