Harmony Clean Flat Responsive WordPress Blog Theme

Project MCP: August 2012

8/30/2012 12:56:00 PM Lisa Bell Milde 0 Comments Category : , , ,

The Olympics seemed to be the inspiration behind the theme choices this month.  Here I sit August 30th, and it seems like forever since they were on.  I myself enjoyed watching the running (particularly the marathons), cycling, and women's soccer.  So onto the August challenges...

Challenge #1--Repetition.  The gigantic elephant ear in our backyard.  It amazes me at how big it is, and I love when the sun shines through, and you see all the veins.


Challenge #2--Sports theme.  Running...duh.  I wanted to get a shot of my foot hitting the ground as I ran, but I forgot to set all that up the last time I ran.  So...I did this...my worn out shoe which is going to be replaced very soon with a new pair.


Also, some of my race bibs.  I hang them beside my treadmill after I've completed the race.  Just so you know I've signed up for the Spinx Half Marathon in October, so training for that is coming along.  I'm excited for the race.  I'll be even more excited to have finished the race.  I got to tell you the training kind of stinks.  Not that it's the worst....I mean there are longer races out there.  I just feel I can't miss a single day that I have marked to run....which is pretty much how it goes.  Quite different from races of shorter distances.  And...I have the appetite of a 14 year old boy.  I feel like I'm hungry all the time.  My goodness...it's not like I'm adding tons of distance per week.  Still I'm hungry....grrr!  With full month in September (including a vacation, which was built into the training schedule) it's hard some days.  In the end I'll be glad I stuck with it.  We'll see then if I'll consider another one day.


Challenge #3--Capture the essence of your country.  Oh boy.  Well, without trying to get into politics...I'm not sure what that is anymore.  The values we once had are fading.  Every thought, opinion, belief that anyone has seems to be polarizing, and sides are quickly taken.  We don't work together.  Money rules.  Too few care about much.  Too few stand up for what they believe in...or at least for very long it seems because someone is waiting in the wings with a check to change their minds.  Anyway.  Still in the end what is the essence of this country....tickle time, of course.


Challenge #4--Something Gold.  Corn.  We decided to try our hand at corn.  It's doing fair.





RELATED POSTS

0 comments