Harmony Clean Flat Responsive WordPress Blog Theme

Peanut Butter

7/07/2007 09:06:00 PM Lisa Bell Milde 0 Comments Category :

Peanut butter is one of my favorite foods. I eat it at least once a day, and often more. Sorry, to those with nut allergies (CC, soy nut butter is good too). Each morning I begin my day with coffee (as previously posted), OJ, berries, and-the best part-two pieces of whole wheat toast with peanut butter. A little over a year ago I decided to try making my own, and found it's really simple and much better than commercial PB. After that, I tried almond butter and walnut....so tasty. So here's how you do it....start with one jar of unsalted peanuts...2 Tablespoons of oil (I like olive oil)...I also add two packets of Splenda (yeah, I've heard the controversy about that)...so you can use sugar, or honey, or any other sweetener...I don't use salt, but you can add a pinch. Put it in the food processor, and in about three minutes (or a commercial break) you've got homemade peanut butter. Try roasting some almonds, and using them in place of peanuts. Mixing about half peanuts and the other half walnuts with about a tablespoon of cinnamon is my favorite. Of course don't stop there...try cashews, Brazil nuts, pecans, etc. If you want crunchy, reserve about 1/3 of the nuts out, and process them for about a minute after the rest of the mixture is smooth. YUMMY!



RELATED POSTS

0 comments