Harmony Clean Flat Responsive WordPress Blog Theme

Lisa's Lots of Little Latte Links

7/03/2007 02:14:00 PM Lisa Bell Milde 0 Comments Category :

Boy...I sure do love coffee. I'm not a connoisseur of coffee per se, but have studied some various brewing methods, bean types, etc. I start my day out with a couple of regular drip brewed cups...nothing fancy..a little skim milk. Over 10 years ago I got a espresso machine-not one of the huge ones, just from Wal-mart or so. Well, I burned it out after a few years, and got a new one...again, not one of the elaborate hundreds (thousands) of dollar ones, but it was a step up from the previous model. For several years (while in college) about 10:30 or 11 everyday I'd make a caffè e latte (latte as we Americans call it). About 2 years ago my daily habit faded...mainly because it was sort of a hassle--a lot more to attend to than your regular coffee. Now and again, I still make one, and of course there's the occasional visit to a cafe. Today I was just in a coffee mood...a really tasty coffee mood, and while I enjoy my regular Joe this mood called for the fancier stuff. As I was pouring the espresso in the steamed milk I thought about something I'd seen on Martha Stewart (yes, I love her)--a segment on the art of coffee. In these parts we don't really have very many baristas that really make it a career... just someone who makes a nice cup of coffee..so we don't see this that often. I personally, just pour the espresso in the milk...no pattern to think about. So I give you latte art...here's more.

Also, I first searched under coffee art, and came upon this...Coffee used as a medium.

***As you may can tell the caffeine has kicked in a bit and you get a long blog entry with lots of links to click on. So drink up!

RELATED POSTS

0 comments