Harmony Clean Flat Responsive WordPress Blog Theme

Project 52-week 28: Sweet Relief

7/16/2011 09:01:00 AM Lisa Bell Milde 0 Comments Category : ,

Early on this week I was thinking about some luxurious dessert for this photo.  Probably up until Thursday I thought that's what it would be.  The dessert was not to be found...which is probably better for me.  So on to Friday.  Jeff and I were out briefly....alone....it was a rainy and actually chilly...the perfect day for a hot drink.  We didn't take the time, however, but agreed to it later.  We picked up Ada, headed home, had lunch, and put Ada down for a nap.  This is MY time in the day....whatever needs to get done, whatever we're working on together...this is the opportune time.  I had started in the closet Monday.  Cleaned it out, and I'd pretty much finished painting...minus the quart that I'd picked up the day before for some thin spots from running out of paint.  So my job was clear, finish painting, and maybe Saturday we could get the shelves back in, and the clothes, which are scattered around three rooms back to their home.  I started painting...it started drying....several shades DARKER.  Ugh!  Well, now you know what's on the agenda for today.   What about that latte?  Well, Ada's still sleeping.  Ordinarily, I'd cheer, but I'm tired.  Tired for many reasons...having the closet drag on is the main one at the moment.  Joy, she's awake.  We loaded up headed for Starbucks and drove around some neighborhoods (something we enjoy from time to time) for a bit.  Sweet relief from the day...sweet relief from the norm...sweet relief that it's not 8352 degrees outside, and we actually can comfortably drink a warm drink.  This photo was taken with my cell phone....another thing that would easily give sweet relief....a day to sit around, sipping, looking at magazines.  Maybe next time.



RELATED POSTS

0 comments