Harmony Clean Flat Responsive WordPress Blog Theme

Big Day

5/16/2008 09:32:00 PM Lisa Bell Milde 0 Comments Category :

So if you're from Calhoun Falls you know what tomorrow brings....the town-wide yard sale. Us residents of CF know the excitement that comes each third Saturday of May, the crowds that come in from all over, the tables on each lawn packed with all kinds of items. Yes, believe it or not our little town will be filled to the brim tomorrow, traffic will mirror that rush hour traffic that bigger cities see--Atlanta has nothing on us. There will be talk for the next month, maybe more, was the crowd bigger this year--no, the crowd is slightly smaller....Each person with a different thought.
I very seldom buy anything at the yard sale, but this year I've already made a purchase --a lovely milk glass pitcher with six matching glasses, which will look great with all my dish ware from the olden days. My favorite part about the yard sale isn't the goods for sale it's seeing folks you don't get to see that often. In fact tonight I ran into two classmates. It's great to see all the faces in Calhoun Falls, whether it's an old friend, someone you see everyday, or someone just in town to see what the big deal is.
What do you think---what will the crowd be like this year? I must say, I'm looking forward to next year already--I can't wait to see what the updated downtown will look like on that most fun day.
Here's a picture of the happening tonight. Congratulations to Mr. George Broadwell, who earned CF personality of the year--well deserved.

RELATED POSTS

0 comments