Harmony Clean Flat Responsive WordPress Blog Theme

Hello, Neglected Blog

5/07/2014 03:56:00 PM Lisa Bell Milde 0 Comments Category : , , , ,

I know, I know...I never blog anymore.  The thing is I like blogging.  I really do....but it's the time factor.  The quiet moments that I do something by myself are few, and when I do have them blogging doesn't come to mind that often.  The truth is if I were a working photographer I would blog more.  It's one of the great ways to show off the latest session, and a fun way to remember each person.  The thing is I'm not really a working photographer any more.  I am SO out of the loop on the latest photography stuff...marketing, equipment, etc.  I almost feel as if to get back it's a mountain to big to climb, and I don't even know if I want to....or rather I don't know how I'd fit it into my life right now.  I miss, miss, miss the creative process!  I do.  It seems like my days are filled with endless tasks, and that the list just builds until I can't see an end.  It's not bad though.  It's filled with other things that I like to do....gardening, family stuff, etc....and some that we all have to endure...grocery shopping for example.  Still I do crave time alone with my camera and some subject or other.  It's very hard to make time to get that time...even in my backyard...without feeling rushed.  Rushed photography doesn't usually lead to good photography.  Instagram and little editing apps are about as close as I get to photography most days.  I am asked from time to time if I still do photography....the answer:  not really....for friends only....I hope again one day (maybe).

So for a Jeff health update.  Still doing IVIG.  Still doing better.  Things are still improving a little at a time.  With warmer (HOT) weather on us, we have learned that the heat can zap him fast.  Monday he cut the grass...a huge accomplishment for him.  The last two days have been very hard for him to get going.  I think a combination of working in heat, and not as much sleep as normal got him down a bit.  He's feeling better this afternoon so hopefully a restful day will help with that.  Yard work, which he couldn't even attempt to do last year at this time, tire him out more than they did two years ago, but part of that is probably conditioning as well.  It's so amazing to know how far he's come in the last six months with treatment.  Back to normal? No...but he's walking, driving, doing things around the house, he can take care of Ada, and play with her.....so many of the things you take for granted before you loose them.

Here's a few photos taken on our recent beach trip.  It was Ada's first time seeing the ocean, and she thought it was just fabulous. 




RELATED POSTS

0 comments