Harmony Clean Flat Responsive WordPress Blog Theme

Ada's room

8/02/2010 04:47:00 PM Lisa Bell Milde 0 Comments Category :

Before I was pregnant I had gotten the book Little Stitches by Amy Butler in anticipation of being able to sew for a little one sometime soon.  One of the projects in the book was a crib set.  I loved it!  The fact that everything could be customized, that any fabric could be used, that the nursery could be totally unique...it was great.  So when we found out there was indeed a baby on the way, I started thinking about the room.  Either way I thought something bright and fun would be perfect.  I begin looking around at different fabrics.  I found something wonderful for a little boy, which Lord willing, maybe we can do next time.  Since I'm not a big pink person myself the thought of a light pink room sort of made me nauseous; to be honest any pastel color made me fell a little like that, perhaps it was the morning sickness.  Still, light pink was not going to be the theme for Ada.  The fabric that we got for Ada is by Anna Maria Horner.  I had actually gotten some of the fabric about a year ago to make a bag, but never got around to it.  I knew the fabric would be the starting point for the room.  The day we found out it was a girl I ordered the fabric.  When we got it we picked out the bright green from the leaf for the wall color.  After painting all four walls that color we realized that two walls needed to be toned down because otherwise it looked like a highlighter exploded in the room.  I kid you not....the color glowed out into the upper hall like a neon sign. After the wall color was established we decided to go for a bright pink as an accent....still not a pink person, but bright pink I can handle.  The bedding itself did not take too long to make, and was not as difficult as I had feared.  I also did the painting, which took two of the flowers from the fabric as subjects.  The frames are all from Ikea, but a can of spray paint turned them from black to pink.  The flowers on the wall, which are lights, are also from Ikea (it's a great store).  We pretty much finished the room last week, which the bookcase and rug.  I love Ada's room...it's my favorite room in house...ask Jeff, he finds me in there all the time just looking at it.







RELATED POSTS

0 comments